Thursday, May 16, 2013



Orion
Drip
Exhaustion in the form of sweat…
Dripping from the tired body of an athlete
Standing on the rough, sparkle-black tape
Of a skateboard in the air
After being white marked
From the shoes on the feet that popped, flicked, and leveled out
Into the six feet of space from the ground up
That only seemed to grow larger by the second
Until that second is divided in half then in half again
Up to the point where one steezy kick flip felt like a lifetime…
A life time of five seconds
That in my head felt like five years.
Oh how I wish there was big blue foam pit to save me,
But there’s nothing to save me now
Except doing what I came here to do
Which is to land the trick that only can be landed
With the cooperation of the tired body of an athlete,
Dripping with exhaustion in the form of sweat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment